Monday, 29 November 2010

The Real Deal

Over the next few weeks I'm hoping to build up an idea of the "real deal" of what it is like to work as a female research scientist. I'm looking for women from all levels of career - whether a PhD student or professor - and from lots of different research areas. The only pre-requisite is that you are passionate about your subject and have an interesting story to tell!

If you or someone you know fits this category - please leave me a comment. I'll be conducting short interviews via email.

To give you a taster, a couple of questions you might get asked include:

- Why did you become a scientist?
- What is it that makes you want to come to work each day?
- What is the best/worst thing about your job?
- What do you enjoy other than science?

1 comment:

  1. I got linked to your blog from the New Scientist website regarding your Valentine's day poem and I was intrigued by the rest of your blog!

    Even though I am still an undergraduate, (Biological Sciences with Microbiology at the University of Warwick) I am also currently doing a placement year as a conservation biotechnician at Kew Gardens. I have recently decided that plant science is not what I want to go into after I graduate, but I would be more than happy to take part in your survey/questionnaire if you are still looking for participants.

    Drop me an email at: H.day@warwick.ac.uk if you are!

    Many thanks,

    Harriet Day

    ReplyDelete