Thursday, 10 February 2011

Time for a change? Your help needed.

Dear readers,

It has recently been brought to my attention that the name previous layout of my blog may be giving one of two impressions:

1. That I think women in science should be stereotypically girly and love shoes and clothes as much as I do

or...

2. That I'm being ironic because women can't wear heels in the lab because it compromises health & safety

I'd just like to say that I was not intentionally trying to give either of these impressions. I happen to like clothes & shoes, and I happen to work in a facility which has the title of a Lab.

So, I think it's time for a change. You'll note that I've changed the background already but now I'm looking for a new blog title (& subtitle... I've never liked the current one).

Please comment your suggestions, they ought to reflect the fact that the blog is written by a female scientist and will therefore contain views on science and being a female researcher.

Thanks and I hope this is a step forward. Thoughts are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment